Varghese & Associates, P.C., located in Downtown Manhattan, is one of the nation’s premier White Collar Criminal Defense Law Firms. We are a team of diligent, meticulous, cutting edge professionals who provide thought-out and strategic defense for our clients. Our culture is supportive and team-oriented, with a unified goal of providing top-notch and respectful representation to our clients.
We seek self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic professionals, who are passionate about the law to join our team.
Criminal Defense and White-Collar Associate – Fall 2020
Are you a current or former New York City ADA or PD ready to move to private criminal defense? Are you game to take what you have learned as an ADA or PD to a higher level? Have you been craving the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in other jurisdictions and in federal courts? Do you understand the importance of and value written advocacy?
If you answered emphatically “yes” to all these questions, then we want you. If we’ve piqued your interest, google us. Here, you will be actively involved in everything from investigations to appellate advocacy. We practice in all NYS courts, SDNY, EDNY, Second Circuit, U.S. Supreme Court, as well as other federal and state courts.
- three years’ full-time experience as a NYC ADA or NYC PD; and
- demonstrable excellent research and writing skills.
- range of $85,000-$115,000;
- employer paid health & dental insurance; and
- cover letter;
- unofficial final law school transcript; and
- writing samples (no cut & paste omnibus motions).
If qualified, email the required documents to Mr. Steven Metro, Managing Law Clerk, Varghese & Associates, P.C., 2 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005 at email@example.com. In your one-page cover letter, explain what your interest is in working at our firm and how your skills and experiences will align with this position. Additionally, in the conclusion of your cover letter, include the name of the scientist who discovered penicillin and the impact of the discovery in two sentences or fewer. Only apply if you have carefully read all the above.
- have a natural habit for clear, detailed verbal and written communication;
- want to work in a high-stakes, high pressure, fast-paced environment;
- be comfortable taking initiative and demonstrate flexibility to complete tasks; and
- understand that improvement means taking criticism and rebounding stronger.
Only apply if you have carefully read all the above.