Join Our Team Be part of a renowned Wall Street Criminal Defense Firm
On This Page
- Join Our Team Be part of a renowned Wall Street Criminal Defense Firm
- Available Positions
- Wall Street Criminal Defense Litigation Chair - 2023
- Wall Street Criminal Defense Associate - 2023
- Wall Street Criminal Defense Entry-Level Associate - 2023
- Wall Street Criminal Defense Executive Personal Assistant - 2023
- Wall Street Criminal Defense Legal Receptionist - 2023
- Wall Street Criminal Defense Internship - 2023
- Wall Street Criminal Defense Digital Marketing Internship - 2023
Varghese & Associates, P.C., located in Downtown Manhattan, is one of the nation’s premier White Collar Criminal Defense Law Firms. We are a team of diligent, meticulous, cutting-edge professionals who provide thought-out and strategic defense for our clients. Our culture is supportive and team-oriented, with a unified goal of providing top-notch and respectful representation for our clients.
We seek self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic professionals, who are passionate about the law to join our team.
Wall Street Criminal Defense Litigation Chair - 2023
Are you a current or former federal prosecutor who actually loves practicing law? Are you someone who is not interested in BigLaw or having a long DOJ career? Do you want the freedom to litigate without the stress of bringing in business?
If you have answered “yes” to all the above, then apply to become the Litigation Chair at Varghese & Associates, P.C. We are looking for a current or former AUSA to run the firm’s legal practice. We are a powerful small firm that litigates significant cases across the country. And, unlike the rest of the defense bar, our first instinct isn’t to cooperate.
You are the following:
- a former or current AUSA;
- a self-driven, hardworking professional who won’t need to be micromanaged;
- an outstanding writer, i.e., you don’t just rely on a US Attorney brief bank; and
- a warrior who desires to practice law at Darrowesque levels.
Compensation—$300,000 base with benefits package including retirement, health, and dental
- cover letter;
- résumé; and
- writing samples
If qualified, click the link below to apply. In your one-page cover letter, explain what your interest is in working at our firm, the name of the musical that has won the most Tony Awards, and how your skills and experiences will align with our Mission, Mandate, Vision, and Core Values:
Address a cover letter to Mr. David M. Katz, Operations Director, Varghese & Associates, P.C., 2 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005, and upload it, along with your résumé, and writing samples via the submission button below.
Only apply if you have carefully read all the above.
Wall Street Criminal Defense Associate - 2023
Are you a current or former New York assistant district attorney or public defender? Are you an excellent legal researcher and writer? Are you a workhorse?
If you answered emphatically “yes” to all these questions, we want you. Here, you will be actively involved in investigations, trials, and appeals. We fight in SDNY, EDNY, Second Circuit, U.S. Supreme Court, New York State courts, other federal and state courts, and defend students in Title IX actions across the country.
- range of $100,000-$150,000 commensurate with experience; and
- benefits package, including health care and retirement.
- demonstrate excellence in written and spoken communication;
- want to work in a high-stakes, fast-paced environment; and
- are committed to obtaining the best results for clients.
- cover letter;
- résumé; and
- writing samples
If qualified, click the button below and submit the required documents. In your one-page cover letter addressed to Mr. David M. Katz, Operations Director, Varghese & Associates, P.C., 2 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005, explain your interest in working at our firm and how your skills and experiences align with this position. In the conclusion of your cover letter, include the name of the person whose initials are written on the Moon. Only apply if you have carefully read all the above.
Wall Street Criminal Defense Entry-Level Associate - 2023
Did you go to law school just to be another cog in a wheel? Did you study law only to push paper all day? Is your creativity stifled in your current position?
Do you want to be an attorney who makes a difference in people’s lives? Do you want to defend the sacred rights enshrined in our Constitution? Do you want to join a firm that beats prosecutors?
If you’ve answered all the above in the affirmative, then apply below. We at Varghese & Associates, P.C. are seeking a motivated, resourceful, and courageous attorney to fill this position. If hired, you will work under the tutelage of Vinoo Varghese, the top white collar criminal defense attorney in New York. As part of his team, you will be actively involved in investigations, trials, and appeals for our predominantly white-collar clients in New York State and federal courts around the country.
This opportunity isn’t for everyone. If you’re up to the challenge, then we will provide you with the direct experience you wouldn’t get as a prosecutor or public defender and aren’t getting in your current position.
- New York State admission;
- one-year of law firm experience; and
- excellent oral and written advocacy skills.
- $70,000 base;
- CLEs; and
- Federal Court Admissions.
Click the button below to submit your application.
In your submission include your résumé, writing sample(s), unofficial final law school transcript, and cover letter. In your cover letter, name the first person to step on the Moon. Address your cover letter as follows:
Mr. David M. Katz, Esq.
Varghese & Associates, P.C.
2 Wall Street
New York, NY 10005.
Wall Street Criminal Defense Executive Personal Assistant - 2023
The principal of our firm is seeking a highly intelligent and resourceful Executive Personal Assistant (EPA) for whom no task is too big or too small, who proactively owns and solves problems, and makes the lives of those around her or him better.
EPA’s responsibilities include directing communication and information to and from principal and staff, efficient management of a small team, and comprehensive administrative support to assure the smooth running of a fast-paced office and ever-changing calendar.
The EPA must ensure that the principal’s time is spent on the highest priority items. This position is for those with a 24/7 mentality and is not 9-5; flexibility on weekends is a must. Additionally, the EPA will spend 10-20% of his or her time on personal assistance projects for the principal. He or she will roll up sleeves and jump right in.
If you are this person, then please submit a cover letter and résumé via our application portal below. Address the cover letter to Mr. Vinoo P. Varghese, Esq., Principal, Varghese & Associates, P.C., 2 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005 and explain why you want to work at this firm, what effect you will have on the office and in the principal’s life, and include the answer to this question “who are the only two players who entered the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame as Mets?” If you are less than five years out of college, then submit an unofficial final college or grad school transcript and a writing sample.
Core Tasks and Key Responsibilities
- high-level exposure to sensitive information requiring tact and discretion
- The first face, voice, and point of contact for clients, prospects, guests, and employees
- Willingness to attend to urgent or time-sensitive email, text, in-person meetings, or calls outside of regular office hours and on weekends, as needed, including in-person emergency consultations with those newly arrested or under federal or state investigation
- Manage all phone calls, emails, and any and all other administrative duties, including keeping the principal’s office as well as the main office neat and organized
- Prepare expense reports, accounts receivable, and liaison with accounting team
- Master and execute principal’s business and personal agendas
- Maximize principal’s news & social media engagements
Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree; excellent English writing, public speaking, and presentation skills; Tech savviness & computer literacy; 3 years’ administrative and operational experience
Wall Street Criminal Defense Legal Receptionist - 2023
Our boutique Wall Street criminal defense law firm is seeking a full-time Legal Receptionist to support our team.
We are looking for a strong, dynamic personality who will show up with a positive demeanor and can calmly and effectively interact with everyone. This key person will act as our gatekeeper and is the first face and voice to greet clients, prospects, and guests. They must be willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
Our law firm, located on the corner of Wall Street and Broadway, requires professional, articulate, and driven candidates who are eager to be part of a motivated team. Successful candidates must be flexible self-starters who are ready to take on disparate responsibilities.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and résumé via our careers page – https://www.vargheselaw.com/wall-street-criminal-defense-legal-receptionist/ Address your cover letter to Mr. David M. Katz, Operations Director, Varghese & Associates, P.C., 2 Wall Street, Suite 510, New York, NY 10005 and explain why you want to work at this firm, what effect you may have on the office, and include the answer to this question “Who was the first woman in space?”
Please note that we will only consider applications that include a cover letter as described above.
Wall Street Criminal Defense Internship - 2023
Would you like to work for a renowned Wall Street firm, led by a Harvard Law School Teaching Faculty member and television legal analyst?
At Varghese & Associates, P.C. you can gain practical experience that will put you far ahead of others applying to law schools. You will be part of a team that defends important, and sometimes high-profile cases. This opportunity isn’t for everyone—you must be willing to put in the time and effort to succeed. If you are up for the challenge, this opportunity will provide you with direct experience to become a superior law student and outstanding attorney. Prior legal interns here have gone on to law school at Yale, Columbia, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Georgia, and George Washington.
Applicants for Varghese & Associates’ Wall Street Criminal Defense Internship must:
1. have a natural habit for clear verbal and written communication;
2. want to work in a high-stakes, high pressure, fast-paced environment;
3. have the flexibility to complete tasks as needed while being team-oriented;
4. understand that improvement means taking criticism and rebounding stronger; and
5. be comfortable working daily with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Adobe Acrobat.
Responsibilities include the following:
1. preparing briefs, exhibits, and motions for trials and court proceedings;
2. cataloging government discovery;
3. memorializing witness interviews; and
4. assisting the Principal in preparing for his media appearances
If you meet all of the above criteria and would relish undertaking these responsibilities, then address a cover letter to Mr. David M. Katz, Operations Director, Varghese & Associates, P.C., 2 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005. In your cover letter, explain what your interest is in working at our firm and how your skills and experiences will align with the position. In the conclusion, include the name of the scientist who discovered penicillin and the impact of his discovery in two sentences or fewer.
The following documents are also required for consideration:
– unofficial transcript; and
– writing sample (most recent college paper).
Submit the required documents through our application page linked below.
– Part-time in-person position with the possibility of full-time hours during winter and summer breaks.
Wall Street Criminal Defense Digital Marketing Internship - 2023
Our Wall Street criminal defense firm is seeking a dedicated Digital Marketing and Social Media Intern to assist our Marketing Coordinator with positioning us as the top criminal defense firm in New York City and the entire country.
If you would like to work directly with a world-renowned attorney who is a Harvard Law School Teaching Faculty member and current television legal analyst, then continue reading.
Varghese & Associates, P.C. is currently seeking a Digital Marketing and Social Media Intern. You will work in an environment involving high-profile cases, events, and people. You will learn to navigate the challenge of balancing marketing and branding with law firm protocol and discretion. How? You will do this by working in a professional, powerful, focused, effective, entrepreneurial law firm as a key member of the marketing team to increase the firm’s online presence and continue building the firm’s brand.
Are you ready for this valuable and challenging opportunity in our top-tier criminal defense law firm?
If so, understand that this opportunity isn’t for everyone. You will be a part of planning, creating, and executing compelling videos, graphics, and storytelling in all forms of traditional and social media. You will be expected to show up with excellence, courage, and creativity and work as part of a cohesive team to execute our marketing strategy If you’re up for the experience and if you’re up to the challenge, then this opportunity will provide you with exciting and fulfilling work.
Applicants for Varghese & Associates’ Digital Marketing Internship will:
- love working with social media (YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram);
- have a natural desire and talent to create all forms of compelling content for media;
- want to work in a high-stakes, sometimes high pressure, fast-paced environment;
- appreciate the value of good copywriting and storytelling for different media platforms;
- realize the nuance required to advertise and brand without soliciting as a law firm;
- understand that improvement means accepting mentorship and rebounding stronger; and
- enjoy working with PowerPoint, the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (or comparable software platforms), and video and sound editing tools daily.
Responsibilities include the following:
- recording, editing, and publishing video content for our website and YouTube channel;
- editing photographs and video stills for the website and social media accounts;
- managing website and social media analytics;
- creating with talking points for the Principal’s media appearances;
- maintaining and updating the law firm’s social media accounts with
- the Principal’s media appearances,
- blogs (in-house and others),
- videos (in-house and edited from other sources),
- articles (regarding the Principal and on other related topics); and
- helping guide the firm’s branding and marketing placement.
- Part-time position (15-20 hours per week)
If interested, submit a résumé, cover letter, and samples of any previous marketing and graphic design work via our application portal at the bottom of the page. Address cover letter to Mr. David M. Katz, Operations Director, Varghese & Associates, P.C., 2 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005. In your cover letter, you must explain what your interest is in working at our firm and how your skills and experiences will align with this position. Additionally, in the conclusion of your cover letter, include whose initials are written on the Moon. Only apply if you have carefully read all the above.