Are you a current or former New York City ADA or PD ready to move to private criminal defense? Are you game to take what you have learned as an ADA or PD to a higher level? Have you been craving the opportunity to demonstrate your skills in other jurisdictions and in federal courts? Do you understand the importance of and value written advocacy?
If you answered emphatically “yes” to all these questions, then we want you. If we’ve piqued your interest, google us. Here, you will be actively involved in everything from investigations to appellate advocacy. We practice in all NYS courts, SDNY, EDNY, Second Circuit, U.S. Supreme Court, as well as other federal and state courts.
- three years’ full-time experience as a NYC ADA or NYC PD; and
- demonstrable excellent research and writing skills.
- range of $85,000-$115,000;
- employer paid health & dental insurance; and
- cover letter;
- unofficial final law school transcript; and
- writing samples (no cut & paste omnibus motions).
If qualified, click the application link below and submit the required documents. In your one-page cover letter, explain what your interest is in working at our firm and how your skills and experiences will align with this position. Additionally, in the conclusion of your cover letter, include the name of whose initials are written on the Moon. Only apply if you have carefully read all the above.
Address the cover letter to Ms. Susy Reyes, Varghese & Associates, P.C., 2 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005, and upload it, along with your résumé, and writing samples via the submission button below.
- have a natural habit for clear, detailed verbal and written communication;
- want to work in a high-stakes, high pressure, fast-paced environment;
- be comfortable taking initiative and demonstrate flexibility to complete tasks; and
- understand that improvement means taking criticism and rebounding stronger.
Only apply if you have carefully read all the above.