When Your Freedom Is On The Line, The Right Lawyer Makes All The Difference
Few people forget the moment they are first arrested, pulled over or contacted by police about a criminal matter. From that moment forward, the pressure is on. At Varghese & Associates, P.C., we use our extensive experience and resources to take on that pressure. We provide dynamic criminal defense services to clients throughout New York who wish to resolve their legal matters with as little disruption as possible.
When you work with our firm, you have access to a team of proven defenders with a record of success in the criminal justice system. We are prepared to battle to protect you and your liberty.
Comprehensive Criminal Defense
Our team of trial-tested attorneys has extensive experience defending against a wide array of criminal charges, including:
- Federal crimes – We are well-versed in the federal criminal statutes and equipped to fight federal prosecutors. From investigation by federal agencies such as the FBI, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) or another agency all the way to trial in federal court, we will stand by you and defend your rights every step of the way.
- Appeals and post-conviction motions – Conviction is not the end of the world. Criminal appeals can right wrongs. Even if you’ve been tried and sentenced, it’s possible to get a retrial, a suspension of your sentence, a reduction of the charge(s) or even a dismissal.
- White collar crimes – Our team has been very effective at protecting clients facing white collar accusations and criminal investigations. Whether you are being accused of conspiracy, money laundering or tax fraud, we’re here to fight for you.
- Financial crimes – We have a long track record of success defending clients facing accusations of financial crimes. We had the extreme honor of filing an amicus brief in U.S. v. Rajaratnam, the largest insider trading case in American history.
- Asset forfeiture – If you are accused or convicted of certain crimes, the federal government may collect, seize and forfeit any money, real property and personal property connected to the charges. No matter the reason an investigating agency cites for seizing your property, you have opportunities to defend your civil liberties.
- Sex crimes and internet crimes – Accusations of sex crimes can be damaging on a personal and professional level. Whether you are accused of internet child pornography crimes or need an attorney for a Sex Offender Registration Act (SORA) hearing, we’ll advocate for your interests every step of the way.
- Investigations – When you’re the target of an investigation, make sure you are prepared. During this stressful time, we can help you effectively manage the investigators, protect your rights and avoid incriminating yourself during any investigation.
- College disciplinary proceedings – College disciplinary proceedings may not take place in criminal court, but they can still have lasting implications for your academic career and the rest of your life. We are here to guide you and help protect your future.
- Family offense proceedings – When you need an attorney to defend you against accusations of domestic violence, stalking, aggravated harassment or other violations in a family offense petition, we can advocate for you.
- Violent crimes – Crimes involving violence such as assault, attempted murder, burglary and weapons possession typically carry hefty penalties. Our team has successfully defended many clients accused of serious crimes and has prevailed time and again.
- Juvenile crimes – A criminal record can ruin a child’s future. We have represented many minors and their families, helping children find a second chance after an unfortunate brush with the law.
- Investigations – When you are under investigation, the government is under no obligation to tell you your rights. It is critical that you contact us before speaking to the authority that is investigating you. We can represent you during investigations and testimonies on all levels.
We Have Tried – And Won – Cases From All Sides
Before opening our firm in 2006, lead attorney Vinoo Varghese worked as a prosecutor for six years. Several of our other attorneys have experience in the district attorney’s office as well, giving us a well-rounded perspective on criminal law matters.
This experience is invaluable to our clients who are fighting charges. Our attorneys know how the opposition thinks, what their priorities are and what tactics they will use to secure a guilty verdict or plea deal. We know how to counteract the prosecution’s arguments and force it to prove every element of its case. And we know how to present your case in a compelling way to pursue the best possible outcome.
We’re Here To Fight For You. Contact Us For A Consultation.
No matter what kind of criminal charges you or a loved one is facing, speaking with an attorney as quickly as possible is one of the best ways to begin protecting your rights and building a strong defense. From our Wall Street office, we defend people in state and federal criminal matters throughout New York City and New York state and nationwide. To speak with a lawyer about your case, please call 212-430-6469. You may also send us an email using our contact form and a member of our team will reach out to you promptly.