Do you want to be part of a team that protects the most sacred rights in America?
Would you like to promote and market a renowned Wall Street firm, led by a Harvard Law School Teaching Faculty member and current television legal analyst? Then continue reading.
Varghese & Associates, P.C. is currently seeking a Marketing and Social Media Intern. You will work in an environment with high-profile cases, events and people. You will learn to navigate the challenge of balancing marketing and branding with law firm protocol and discretion. How? You will do this by working in a lean, powerful, effective, entrepreneurial law firm as a key component to increasing the firm’s online presence and building up the firm’s brand.
Are you ready for a valuable, special, challenging opportunity in a criminal defense law firm?
If so, understand that this opportunity isn’t for everyone. You will be a part of planning, editing and creating video, graphics and storytelling for all forms of traditional and social media. You must be willing to put in the time and effort to succeed. If you’re up to the challenge, if you’re up for the experience, then this opportunity will provide you exciting and fulfilling work.
Applicants for Varghese & Associates’ Marketing and Social Media Intern should:
- love working with social media (YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram);
- have a natural desire and talent to create all forms of compelling content for media;
- want to work in a high-stakes, high pressure, fast-paced environment;
- appreciate the value of good copywriting and storytelling for different media platforms;
- realize the nuance required to advertise and brand without soliciting as a law firm;
- understand that improvement means taking criticism and rebounding stronger; and
- enjoy working with PowerPoint, the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (or comparable software platforms), and video and sound editing tools daily.
- Part-time position (15-20 hours per week)
If interested, submit a résumé, cover letter, and samples of any previous marketing and graphic design work via our application portal below. Address cover letter to Ms. Susy Reyes, Administrator, Varghese & Associates, P.C., 2 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005. In your cover letter, you must explain what your interest is in working at our firm and how your skills and experiences will align to this position. Additionally, in the conclusion of your cover letter, include whose initials are written on the Moon.
Only apply if you have carefully read all the above.
Responsibilities include the following:
- recording, editing, and publishing video content for our website and YouTube channel;
- editing photographs and video stills for the website and social media accounts;
- managing website and social media analytics;
- coming up with Talking Points for the Principal’s media appearances;
- maintaining and updating the law firm’s social media accounts with
- the Principal’s media appearances,
- blogs (in-house and others),
- videos (in-house and edited from other sources),
- articles (regarding the Principal and on other related topics); and
- helping guide the firm’s branding and marketing placement and spending into the future.