Would you like to work for a renowned Wall Street firm, led by a Harvard Law School Teaching Faculty member and television legal analyst?
At Varghese & Associates, P.C. you can gain practical experience that will put you far ahead of others applying to law schools. You will be part of a team that defends important, and sometimes high-profile cases. This opportunity isn’t for everyone—you must be willing to put in the time and effort to succeed. If you are up for the challenge, this opportunity will provide you with direct experience to become a superior law student and outstanding attorney. Prior legal assistants here have gone on
to law school at Yale, Columbia, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Georgia, and George Washington.
Applicants for Varghese & Associates’ White Collar & Criminal Defense Legal Assistant must:
1. have a natural habit for clear verbal and written communication;
2. want to work in a high-stakes, high pressure, fast-paced environment;
3. have the flexibility to complete tasks as needed while being team-oriented;
4. understand that improvement means taking criticism and rebounding stronger; and
5. be comfortable working daily with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Adobe Acrobat.
Responsibilities include the following:
1. preparing briefs, exhibits, and motions for trials and court proceedings;
2. cataloging government discovery;
3. memorializing witness interviews; and
4. assisting the Principal in preparing for his media appearances
If you meet all of the above criteria and would relish undertaking these responsibilities, then address a cover letter to Ms. Susy Reyes, Administrator, Varghese & Associates, P.C., 2 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005. In your cover letter, explain what your interest is in working at our firm and how your skills and experiences will align with the position. In the conclusion, include the name of the scientist who discovered penicillin and the impact of his discovery in two sentences or fewer.
The following documents are also required for consideration:
– unofficial transcript; and
– writing sample (most recent college paper).
Submit the required documents through our application page linked below.
– Part-time position (15-25 hours per week) with the possibility of full-time hours during winter and summer breaks.